Pin It!

7.25.2008

back to the basics

I think it's so amazing when people go back to the basics.
Simplicity is a lost art in the chaotic universe we submerge ourselves in, so when people choose to just go back to basics it makes things so much more interesting.
A painting with too much detail overwhelms the viewer anyways...

I have decided to go back to the basics (hence the reason for the picture of the Hague in my profile, cuz I'm basically Dutch).
What this means going "back to the basics" for me, I'm not entirely sure.

At the end of the school year I said that this summer would be one of discovery, one of change. Now the summer is 3/4 gone, and things aren't going quite the way I planned. But as I look back on all the reasons I wanted change and all the things I thought I should learn, I saw that I had lost something along the way.

Life isn't always about discovering something new, sometimes it's about discovering something that was there all along, it's about remembering.

Change is good, without change there can be no life. But sometimes, the old ways just work better. Why fix something that's not broken?

Back to the basics.
Back to my roots.
Back to my family.
Back to hope.
Back to faith.
Back to love.

Back to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment