Pin It!

4.20.2010

where your heart lies, there your treasure will be also

People have been asking me a lot lately, "What do you want to do with your life?"
So I've been thinking about it: I'm in third year and the job search will soon be looming.

Honestly, I don't ever want a desk job. I don't want the 9-5 business job. So I could be a teacher. Or a development worker. Or a social worker. Those work.

But really, I just want to travel around, walk barefoot, writing books and taking photos and talking to people. Just talking about life, and love, and why. I want to learn about living, and then I want to teach people about how to live. Because, as someone that has lived most of their life half-dead, I think I might know a bit about what's missing.

I want to make people care about the important things; about finding a joy that lasts. I want to heal people's hearts. I want to show the rich how to be poor, how to be simple, how to be really blessed for goodness sake.

I'm not worried, really. I know that everything will fall into its proper place as long as I continue to work at it. But sometimes I feel like things will never begin. I feel so pent up, boxed up, enclosed in a shell of fear and expectation and non-starting.

I really need to stop watching so much TV. I bet then I'd get things done...

1 comment: