Pin It!

5.03.2011

doesn't anybody love everybody anymore?

The Church is doomed. Doomed I say!

Leaders bashing one another in public. Christians debating pastor's T-shirts in a public forum. Church splits. Christians mocking other Christians. Disunity.

Oh Richard Dawkins must be smiling right now.

We're doing Satan's job for him. He doesn't have to pit other groups against us because we're already pitted against ourselves! Why would anyone want to join a Christian faith like this? I am not ashamed of the Gospel or of Jesus Christ, but I AM ashamed of some Christians. Whatever happened to rebuking in love? Whatever happened to loving your neighbor as yourself? I'm all for correcting wrong teaching and protecting the sheep from "wolves in sheep's clothing", but I'm pretty sure that a public forum is an inappropriate setting for this.

The Church of our day needs a wake-up call. We need to relearn our manners. We need to relearn what it means to work as a unified Body. We need to relearn how to love.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. So what specific things can people like you and I do to help change the Church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, the best thing we can do is lead by example. Calling those leaders out in public won't contribute to a solution, but perpetuate the problem. Writing e-mails to those leaders might also help, but who knows?

    I firmly believe that our generation is beginning to take Church in a new direction. Hopefully new leaders will inspire and reinvigorate the community of today and brings us closer to making communities like the ones in Jesus day into becoming a reality right here, right now. A few of my friends have already begun to live out community like the one in ACTS, and it's very inspiring.

    Hope and right action are my answers in short.

    What about you, any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately I've found myself always sitting in a bubble of friends. So now, once the service is over, I try to take a step back and look for someone who's standing off by themself. I've been trying to make an effort to talk to new people this way, though I'm not the most extroverted.

    ReplyDelete