Pin It!

10.26.2010

the weight of a word

The other day I was talking to a friend about my blog and I told her that I was going to turn down the God-talk and write posts about things that were applicable to a larger audience. I had decided to do this after expressing my frustration at the fact that it is hard for Christian writers to get a large reader base because what they write about is interesting (or relevant) to fewer people, whereas secular writing is interesting and relevant to almost everyone (as long as it is good).

But, I'm going to be honest with you; I don't think that's going to happen. Sorry, I know you were excited for me to finally stop talking about God.

I write about God and faith so often because it is what I am always thinking about. It's what I'm passionate about; what drives my life. So to try and be something else and talk about trivial things that don't matter to me - well that would be a huge disservice to myself as a writer (not that I'm a real writer or anything, haha). People listen when you talk about things that you are passionate about, and to be honest I write best when I talk about things that make me feel something more than just slightly warm fuzzy or bit of irritation.

So, my friends, be prepared to read about religion, and God, and faith, and all of the things in between. Because that is who I am, and that is what I will write about. I don't care if it's not popular or if it offends people; it is me and I will not let my desire to be heard trump my desire to speak the truth.

photo via (we heart it)

No comments:

Post a Comment