Pin It!

11.20.2006

give it up

"Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." ~Jesus


When life gets you down give it to God. Sometimes God gives you the means and the power to fix things, but when things come along that are beyond your control just give it up to God. I know, I know. Too easy, right? That's what I used to think. Then something happened and I realized that even if one of the most important things in my life fell apart, God wouldn't let me fall apart with it. Sometimes I wonder how people can still feel alive and smile when certain things happen to them. Not petty things, but big things. Things like the death of a loved one, or the divorce of their parents. Things like that would tear me apart. Then I realize, the people that made it through and still have the same heart that they had it before, those people had God. A person I really admire went through something similar to what I am going through and I realize now that God had, and still has, a huge hand in their life. In the past two days I've wondered "how did they deal with this?" 
Resting in God's arms. Letting him hold you. That's how. Trusting even when the world tells you not to- that's faith. 


I'm not saying that now they don't struggle with it, I'm sure the still do. But they don't act like life (or God) has somehow sold them short. They live life to its fullest. They live, they trust, they have faith and they grow. That's what I want to do. And honestly, if you're not a Christian and you're going through something tough right now, still give it up to God. Because I don't know what everyone else believes, but I believe that God hears your every thought and prayer. So give it to Him and maybe, if you feel that peace, if you feel that weight lifted from your shoulders, it will prove to you that God is who He says He is. And maybe, just maybe, next time you'll trust Him with your life.

2 comments:

  1. Very good post. I actually just came on to check and update my blog however I noticed that you had commented. And then decided to read what you've been thinking lately. And I like the fact that it was on "give it up to God." I know I guess from experience its not easy to trust in God when things get tough. And it is truly admirable to see those who do trust in Him when they go through rough times.

    If you post the same reason as I do, just know that God is always in control and if you can write it in a blog, you can definately put in into action. So I'm sure we'll be praying for you!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, first off this is an awesome post. I recently rediscovered what it means to trust in Him. And this post really is an encouragement. I can see and understand and truly admire those who trust in God for everything. Not only when life gets a little hard but even when life is at its high and they still praise Him for what He has blessed them with.

    If you write blogs for the same reason I do, just know that you're in his hands and no matter what happens He will be with you. We'll (meaning for those who know) be praying!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete