Pin It!

11.22.2006

it's shouldn't be about me...

"While we think we're showing our difference from the world by displaying the latest Christian fad, we're actually copying the spirit of the world." ~ Newsboys

instead of blogging-though i have a ton of things going through my head that i want to get down- tonight i'm going to just post the Word of God. today it's not about me, my latest fustration, my problems, my triumphs, or my opportunities that came throughout the day. instead it's all about God, and what He says. what He does. what His problems are, and the chances He has given all of us. here's to You. This isn't about saying, "wow, Kaitlyn's come really far. or Kaitlyn's a good writer, i connect with what she's saying." tonight is about God, and i hope that you read these few passages and think. Wow, God is amazing. God is so powerful. God is so gracious and good. I should tell God how He has touched my life and how thankful I am that He has brought me so far." because honestly, i think sometimes we let our own lives and our own theories and stories get in the way. sometimes the Word is all people really need to hear. so you can comment and let me know if a particular passage encouraged you or whatnot (cuz then i'll know that i should do it a heck of a lot more often). but First, tell God. because these will be His words. not my own.


Proverbs 2:1-5
... if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding... then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

Romans 6:17,18 22,23
But thanks be to God, that though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Hebrews 10:35,36 39
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

1John 4:16,18
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made in perfect love.

1Corinthians 13~ read it

No comments:

Post a Comment