Pin It!

6.24.2007

the Fray vs. Hillsong United

Friday night I went to see the Fray in concert... i absoulutely luved it. They sounded ten times better live than they do on their CD and they put on a really good show. Not to mention the lighting and set-up was unbelieviably well done, i like it when concerts are visually appealing. About 3/4 of the way through the concert they brought the drummer down to the floor and sang a song about someone's daughter getting married, it was really touching. Then they start singing "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira and I almost peed my pants it was soo funny! The drummer (who i think is awesome, talented and actually interacts instead of sitting there with a bored look on his face like other drummers do. He actually makes funny faces and looks like he's enjoying what he's doing) anyways.. the drummer sang the parts that the make in the song sings and it was hilarious. Bjorn and i stood there laughing our butts off. haha
but the point of my post is, as much as i liked going to see the Fray (and trust me i liked it a LOT), the Hillsong worship concert i went to 2 weeks prior was a way better experience. Not becasue the Fray sucked or Hillsong was more talented or anything. But the energy at a worship concert is so different from one at a secular concert. People engage, they worship, they actually put their hearts into the song. They do it for a reason. People go to secular concerts because it's entertaining and fun. Your heart can still be in it (mine definately was becasue i can relate to many of the Fray's lyrics) but it's just not as powerful.
I left the Fray concert thinking, that was fun I had a really great time. Whereas after Hillsong United I left thinking, that was amazing! I am so pumped and full of life right now! God is good!
I can't even explain the difference, but there is a huge gap between the experience I had at a worship concert and the experience I had at a secular concert. If you've ever felt that then you know what I mean, if you havn't, sorry I know I suck at explaining things. But as I was sitting there at the Fray concert, singing along to the songs I started to wonder. Do people who haven't been to a worship concert even know what their missing?
I am blessed to know God and know what it is like to feel loved by Him. I am blessed because I can go through life with an undefined peace, a sense of wonder and amazement at the life I'm living. Not many people can say that, and that should be my motivation to tell them...
something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment