Pin It!

3.25.2011

melodic love

Music can mean the difference between a good day and a bad day; between making sense of a day and being stuck inside the cycle of doubt; the one that doesn’t begin with the sun and end with the moon, but that is ever circling in your brain until something comes about and helps you understand it.

Music helps me to navigate my feelings, and inspires my words when I put pen to paper. I don’t think I’ve ever written anything worth reading while in silence. It is always accompanied by music, and sometimes I feel that’s how life should be. Not like a musical, but like a never-ending soundtrack. Because sometimes a melody can tell a better story than words, but when paired together, they make the most impeccable creations.

That’s why music is a universal. We are alive with beating hearts; the rhythm of music connecting with the very life in us. Music crosses bridges that otherwise might be impassable; it creates a feeling of connection between people. The fact that we can relate to sorrow, pain, joy, or excitement by just listening to a song isn’t just a coincidence. We were made to create music, and music was made for us to create.

I am so thankful for the gift of music, and the emotional quality it adds to my life.

Sometimes there are words, sometimes no words can express; for those moments and everything in between, there’s music.

photo via (we heart it)

No comments:

Post a Comment