Pin It!

4.26.2012

here I am, on the edge with you


And if all we are
is all that’s here in front of us,
then I will stand strong
and tall with you.

With wounded hearts
and rough dry hands
we travel
up the river,
hand in hand
to the mountain we once knew.

To climb
so high.
We fall and
fight.

My love you looked to the left
and to the right.
But I am not there, not by your side.
I’m right here,
in front of you, peering o’er the cliff.
We’re on the edge,
We’re on the edge of it.

Oh, how we climbed so high
to fall and
fight.

We’re here, my dear.
My dear, we’re here.
We’re here
standing on this mountain top
so tall, we’re
watching over all those ones below;
ones destined, our legacy, to follow.

We climbed
so high
to fall
and fight
for this thing,
this tied up feeling,
they call love.


photo via (we heart it)

No comments:

Post a Comment