Pin It!

12.23.2006

Christmas List

my family and i went to see The Nativity last night.. and it was pretty good. it was actually really accurate and incorporated a lot of actual Scripture intpo the script; which i thought was really cool.
it got me in the mood for Christmas, because lately (as my blogs show.. ugh) i havn't really been in the Christmas spirit. i just hate tha Christmas has gotten so commercialized. i mean yea, Christmas is about giving. Christmas is Christ's birthday and on Christmas God gave the Earth the best gift, the gift of a sAviour, of their Messiah, the One who would save them from their sins. but thoguht Christmas IS about giving, i think we've put a little too much emphasis on the giving and getting parts.
People run around store's pushing and shoving, driving like maniac's on the street honking their horns. "I gotta get done! Christmas is 2 days away!" That is what Christmas has been made into. But goign to see the Nativity last night with the fam was amazing. Iit gave me peace and reminded me of what Christmas is really about, and gave me the examples of Mary and Joeseph- two young adults who patiently, yet earnestly sought the will of God.
That is what i want this Christmas. presnet, meh. candy, i've had enough this past week to hold me over till New Years (haha). but family, friends, conversation, laughter, love. That's what i want for Christmas. But more than that i want to sit back and remember what God did, what he gave and how giving that gift was the most loving, unselfish risk ever. yea i gave my family a list of things i wouldn't mind unwraping Christmas morning, but the only thing i asked God for is for me to do his will, like Mary and Joeseph did. No matter how people may look at me, or laugh, or disown. I just want to give a gift to my Saviour.
Two-thousand and Six years ago, God sent his Son Jesus to save my life. The least i can do now is live it for Him.

p.s! where is the snow!? it better be here on New Years, or i will be mucho upseto!

No comments:

Post a Comment