Pin It!

2.13.2007

forget tomorrow

I think the thing i dislike the most about myself is the fact that im forgetful. It's not that im impatient, or loud, or that I feel that I need to help everyone all the time. Because those are things you can change. I can work on being patient, and being more gentle, and I can learn to deal with the fact that I can't help or save everyone (not even God can do that, becasue He can only save those who want to be saved). But forgetfulness, well that's pretty much something I'm stuck with. I mean yea, I can write myself reminder notes or ask people to remind me about things, but when I write those notes, I forget to take them with me (shopping list anyone?) or when I ask people to remind me to do something, they forget too. I think the only way to combat it is to do things right now. You can't put things off all the time. "Oh, I'll call them tomoorrow. I'll do that later. I'll tell them some other time." What's the point of the "here-and-now" if we just leave everything until later? Why wait until tomorrow to tell someone you love them when you can tell them today. Why wait to donate money to charity when you have more money, when you have enough right now? Why call someone tomorrow when you can call them today? Why postpone spending time with someone because you are "too tired" or have "too much homework" or just plain don't feel like it, when maybe tomorrow they are busy or maybe tomorrow you'll forget?
"Whatever you have done to the least of these brother's of mine, you have done to me." ~Jesus


Sorry Jesus, but I'm too busy to talk to you today. I don't have a good job yet, so I'm too poor to give you any money. I'm too tired to help you. Too busy to be with you. Too selfish to think of you.
That's the reality. We say that tomorrow we will feed the hungry, tomorrow we will talk to that senior, tomorrow we will comfort that person, tomorrow we will invest tiem with our family and friends. But Jesus isn't about tomorrow. Jesus is about today. "When you live in this moment, it is not hard. I am here. My name is I AM" (Helen Mallicoat). Jesus is not "I Was" or "I will be" Jesus is "I AM." Jesus is here, Jesus is now. If you say "tomorrow I'll do it" then what are you going to do today? Don't forget...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your words. They truly touched my soul today.

    Continue to tell the truth of

    ReplyDelete